- 6 cups mixed mushrooms (I used a combination of crimini, shitake, porcini and baby bella)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-2 tablespoons tamari (you can substitute soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast**
- 1 tablespoon corn or arrowroot starch
- 2 cups vegetable or mushroom stock (homemade highly recommended)
- 1/2 cup white wine (I used a Chardonnay)
- salt and pepper to taste
**Note: nutritional yeast is a fantastic source of vegetarian protein and B vitamins, and it often takes the place of cheese in vegan cooking. I wouldn’t suggest omitting, as it is key to to making this dish taste like the real deal, but you could try substituting 1/4 cup grated parmesan.
- Heat olive oil in a large ...