What Are you Looking For?
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutes Yield: 2 Servings Serving Size: 1 Potato Calories per serving: 341 Fat per serving: 6g (3g Sat & 2g Monounsaturated; 1g Polyunsaturate)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (8 to 10 ounces each)
- 3 ounces Canadian bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Pierce potatoes with a fork, and arrange on paper towels. Microwave on high 8 minutes; turn potatoes over after 4 minutes.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise, and scoop out the pulp, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells.
- Mash pulp with 3 ounces Canadian bacon, 2 tablespoons sour cream, and 2 teaspoons chives in a bowl. Spoon mixture into shells.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over tops of potatoes.
- Microwave on high 2 minutes, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon chives.
Sourced from Health.com
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 40 minutesYield: 6 Servings
- 5 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch long slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- (For sweeter taste add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. For crispier fries, preheat your oven to 500°F
- Peel the sweet potatoes, cut off the ends and slice into 1/4 in long slices. For sweet potato chips, cut into circles.
- Put the sweet potatoes into a large bowl and add oil. Mix well and combine all the spices and spread evenly.
- Spread the sweet potatoes out in a single layer on a baking sheet; the oil they are coated with should keep them from sticking to the pan.
- Bake ...
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 55 minutesYield: 8 Servings Calories per serving: 125 cal Fat per serving: 2g
- 3 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into approximately 3" cubes
- 1 c reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2/3 c fat-free milk
- 1 Tbsp light butter with canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Put potatoes and broth in large pot with tight-fitting lid and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until potatoes are fork-tender, about 25 minutes.
- Add cinnamon, milk, and butter.
- Mash in food processor or with handheld masher until smooth. Add vanilla extract and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.