Provided by Laura Lea Bryant,a Certified Holistic andHealth Supportive Chef in Nashvillellbalanced.com Yield: approx. 4 pancakes
- 1 chia “egg” (1 tablespoon of chia seeds mixed with 3 tablespoons water, allowed to set for 10 minutes)
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, honey or coconut nectar
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons gluten-free rolled oats (or a generous ¼ cup gluten-free oat flour)
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons brown rice flour (you could try subbing whole wheat pastry flour, spelt flour or another gluten-free flour)
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup frozen organic raspberries, plus more for garnish (you could use fresh)
- Combine wet ingredients (chia egg through extract) in a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk to incorporate.
- Combine dry ingredients (rolled oats through sea salt) in a separate smaller mixing bowl and whisk ...