Yield: 6 servings
- 1 9 inch pre-made pie crust
- 1/4 package Gimme Lean Sausage
- 2 cups milk, soy milk or rice milk
- 3 whole eggs or egg substitute
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese or soy cheese
- nutmeg to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- salsa, optional
- Bake pie crust according to the package directions and set aside. Saute Gimme Lean Sausage and onions in cooking oil or spray, then transfer to cooled pie shell. Sprinkle cheese or soy cheese over sausage and onions.
- Beat milk and eggs, add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix together and pour over sausage, onions and cheese.
- Serve with a side of salsa, if you'd like. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Provided by: About.com