What Are you Looking For?
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 jalapeno or 2 chipotle peppers (optional - just for more kick)
- ½ red onion
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste (about 1 teaspoon is a good ballpark measure)
- 2 cups Mexican cheese
- 18-20 corn tortillas
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce
- cilantro, guacamole, or sour cream for topping
- Roast the veggies: Dice the peppers and mince the onions. Heat a large nonstick skillet with NO oil over high heat. Add the onion and peppers, sprinkle with chili and cumin, and do not stir. This allows the peppers to roast and brown on the outside. After a few minutes, give the pan a shake or stir and let the peppers sit again for a few more minutes without stirring. Remove and set aside. Repeat the roasting process with the corn, sprinkling ...
Cook Time: 45 minutesYield: 6 Servings Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe Calories per serving: 253 Fat per serving: 10g
- 1/2 lb. ground turkey
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can Rotel, drained
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup fat free cottage cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 Low-Carb Tortillas
- 1 (10-oz) can enchilada sauce
- ½ cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Coat a 9” square pan with cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick pan, cook the beef, onions, garlic, chili powder and cumin over medium-high heat until onions are tender and beef is no longer pink.
- Stir in black beans and rotel and mix well.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, corn, cottage cheese and garlic powder ...
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 45 minutesYield: 6 Servings Calories per serving: 212 calories Fat per serving: 10 g fat ( 2 g sat , 5 g mono )
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium sweet onion, (half diced, half thinly sliced), divided
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 pound frozen French-cut green beans, (about 4 cups)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 2 1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add diced onion and cook, stirring often, until softened ...