What Are you Looking For?
Servings: 4 Prep time: 30 mins; cooking time: 90 minsCalories/serving: 140 calories, 4g fat (1g Sat, 2g Mono) 20g carb, 6g protein
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs, preferably whole wheat (whole meal)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large artichokes
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup plus 2 to 4 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and olive oil and coat. Place the crumbs in a baking pan and bake about 8-10 minutes.
- Working with 1 artichoke at a time, trim the stem flush with the base. Cut off the top third of the leaves and any remaining thorns ...
Servings: 5 (2 cups each),Prep time: 20 mins; refrigeration time: 30 minsNutrition/serving: 306 calories,7g fat (2g sat, 2g mono), 6g fiber46g carbohydrates, 19g protein
CREAMY HERBED DRESSING
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey, or more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion or dried chopped chives
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried tarragon or dill
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt or celery salt or 1/4 teaspoon of each
- White pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked whole-wheat fusilli or similar pasta (about 6 ounces dry)
- 4 cups chopped broccoli florets (about 1 1/2 large heads)
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham (8 ounces), preferably reduced-sodium
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper (or a combination), diced ...
Servings: 9 (2 wings/ serving),Prep time: 35 min; cooking time: 20-25 minNutrition/serving: 205 calories,5g fat, 2g carbohydrates, 11g protein
- 3 lbs (about 18) chicken wings
- 1/2 cup + 5 tbsp Cyrstal Louisiana hot sauce
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper (add additional 1-2 tbsp for more heat)
- 4 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- sea salt and fresh pepper
- 2 celery stalks, sliced into strips
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into strips
- low fat blue cheese or Ranch dressing
- In a large bowl or large ziplock bag, combine chicken, 5 tbsp hot sauce, oregano, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, sea salt and pepper. Mix well and let marinate for 30 minutes (For extra flavor marinate overnight).
- Place wings on a broiler rack and broil on low, for about 10-12 minutes on each side.
- While chicken cooks, heat 1/2 ...
Servings: 6 (1/2cup servings), Prep time: 5 min; total time: 25 minNutrition/serving: 159 calories, 9g fat (4g sat, 2g mono, 1g poly)23mg cholesterol,684mg sodium, 268mg calcium9g carbohydrates, 11g protein
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine the artichokes, mayonnaise, cream cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan, 3/4 cup mozzarella, garlic salt, pepper, scallions, and parsley in a bowl; transfer to baking dish.
- Top with remaining Parmesan and mozzarella; bake 20–30 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
Sourced from health.com