What Are you Looking For?
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 jalapeno or 2 chipotle peppers (optional - just for more kick)
- ½ red onion
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste (about 1 teaspoon is a good ballpark measure)
- 2 cups Mexican cheese
- 18-20 corn tortillas
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce
- cilantro, guacamole, or sour cream for topping
- Roast the veggies: Dice the peppers and mince the onions. Heat a large nonstick skillet with NO oil over high heat. Add the onion and peppers, sprinkle with chili and cumin, and do not stir. This allows the peppers to roast and brown on the outside. After a few minutes, give the pan a shake or stir and let the peppers sit again for a few more minutes without stirring. Remove and set aside. Repeat the roasting process with the corn, sprinkling ...
Cook Time: 45 minutesYield: 6 Servings Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe Calories per serving: 253 Fat per serving: 10g
- 1/2 lb. ground turkey
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can Rotel, drained
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup fat free cottage cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 Low-Carb Tortillas
- 1 (10-oz) can enchilada sauce
- ½ cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Coat a 9” square pan with cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick pan, cook the beef, onions, garlic, chili powder and cumin over medium-high heat until onions are tender and beef is no longer pink.
- Stir in black beans and rotel and mix well.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, corn, cottage cheese and garlic powder ...
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow squash
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cooking spray
- 6 (9 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick pan, cook red pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, and mushrooms in olive oil over medium to medium-high heat for about 7 minutes, or until just tender.
- Remove vegetables from pan.
- In the same pan, place one tortilla. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese evenly over tortilla, and layer 3/4 cup of the vegetable mixture over the cheese. Sprinkle another 1/8 cup of cheese on the vegetables, and top with a second tortilla.
- Cook until golden on both sides, for approximately ...