- 1 1/2 cup dried organic red kidney beans, picked through
- 3 quarts low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 1 yellow, white or red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry red or white wine
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red rice
- 1 tablespoon no-salt Cajun seasoning
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen collard greens or blue curled kale
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- Soak beans overnight in a large bowl of water; rinse and drain well.
- Heat 1/2 cup of the broth in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until deep golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Add wine and cook, scraping up the browned bits, until almost absorbed ...