- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs, preferably whole wheat (whole meal)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large artichokes
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup plus 2 to 4 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and olive oil and coat. Place the crumbs in a baking pan and bake about 8-10 minutes.
- Working with 1 artichoke at a time, trim the stem flush with the base. Cut off the top third of the leaves and any remaining thorns ...