- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano, or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 ounces thinly sliced reduced-fat provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 4 whole-wheat buns
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until soft. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, oregano, and pepper, and cook until the vegetables are soft about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; sprinkle the vegetables with flour and stir to coat. Stir in broth and soy sauce; bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat, lay cheese slices on ...