- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 1/2-inch (1 oz) chunks
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
- 5 tbsp whole-wheat flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 2 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 3 1/2 cups corn flakes cereal, finely crushed in a food processor
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Place chicken in a resealable bag or plastic dish. In a medium bowl, mix together buttermilk, 2 tbsp lemon juice and hot sauce. Pour in with chicken.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Heat oven to 400F. Place a wire rack over a large, rimmed baking sheet lined with foil and mist with cooking spray. In a separate large resealable bag, combine flour and cayenne and shake to combine. Place cereal in a small bowl. Remove chicken from marinade and transfer to bag with flour.
- Remove chicken from bag, dip in marinade, then roll in cereal. Transfer to rack and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Yogurt sauce: In a small bowl, combine yogurt, remaining 1 tsp lemon juice, blue cheese, salt and black pepper and stir to combine.