Fresh, local, organic, gourmet-prepared AND delivered food at a reasonable price sounds like a dream, but that's exactly what Amanda Blackard-Scott, affectionately known as Mayter, has created with The Food Box. The Food Box is the brain child of Mayter, who after reaching 185 lbs lost over 60lbs by creating her own foods and designing recipes that would help her in her quest to get healthy and lose weight. So when she thought about offering the foods that helped her so much to others, her friends pushed her to make it a reality! The result is The Food Box and boy is it good!
"The Food Box provides local-organic vegan,vegetarian,raw, and microbiotic pre-prepared meals for busy people who want to enjoy gourmet food without the hassle of meal planning."
We recently had the opportunity to sample a "box" and we were blown away with the experience. Each box is intended to feed 1 person, 3 meals per day for 4 days. Our box included:
• Chilled Pea Soup w/ Meyer Lemon Crème Fraiche
• Spicy Grilled Pineapple w/ Vegan Basil Cream Cheese Dip
• Brown Rice & Veggie Stuffed Jalapeños w/Vegan Tomatillo Queso Fresco
• Arugula Salad w/ Peaches, Shaved Red Onion, Spiced Pecans, & Honey Lemon Vinaigrette
• Tempeh Lettuce Wraps w/ Avocado Salsa and Spicy Queso Fresco
• Sweet Potato Grits w/ Wilted Kale, Toasted Pine Nuts, & Roasted Beets
• Veggie Stack w/ Red Pepper Coulis
• Veggie Ramen
Desserts & Snacks
• Fruit Dumplings w/ Sweet Gyoza Sauce
• Sriracha, Ginger and Molasses Cashews
• Coconut Milk Yogurt w/ Gluten Free Granola
• Vegan Gluten Free Banana Cake w/ Banana Fosters Sauce
Everything was packaged neatly in individual containers and clearly labeled so we could easily assemble each meal. I have to admit that part of the appeal was putting each meal together on the plate as each one was beautiful. It's gourmet, restaurant quality food that you put togehter in less than 3 minutes in your own kitchen. Amazing!
And, the best part is the food was absolutely delicious! Our absolute favorite meal in the box was the Tempeh Lettuce Wraps w/ Avocado Salsa and Spicy Queso Fresco. We could eat them every day for the rest of our lives and be very happy! Some other standout dishes were the Veggie Stack w/ Red Pepper Coulis; Sriracha, Ginger and Molasses Cashews; and the Coconut Milk Yogurt w/ Gluten Free Granola. They were all fantastic!
The Food Box is by far one of the best kept secrets in Nashville. Fresh, organic, low-sodium, low- sugar, gluten free, gourmet food delivered directly to your front door. And it’s all AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS! Healthy eating doesn’t get any better (or easier) than this.