- 1/2 c. dried quinoa
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and divided in half
- 1 1/2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 red onion, small dice
- 1/2 red pepper, small dice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 serrano pepper, minced
- 1 c. spinach
- Salt and pepper
- In a small sauce pan combine quinoa with 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Turn off the heat when the quinoa is light and fluffy.
- In a separate pan on medium heat add coconut oil. Once oil is melted add onions and peppers. Saute.
- Add garlic cloves and spinach. Stir frequently so garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add 1/2 black beans. Cook 3-5 minutes.
- In a food processor add bean mixture and half of the quinoa. Process until smooth.
- Transfer pureed bean mixture to a separate bowl. Add the remaining black beans and quinoa.
- Bake in oven at 350. Flip burgers over after 15 minutes.If the burgers fall apart when flipping just reshape them. They will be more firm after further cooking. Cook 10 more minutes and bring them out of the oven.
- Allow burgers to sit in the counter 5-10 minutes before serving.
Sourced from Chef Colby at www.ChefColby.com