Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 30 minutesYield: 4 Servings Serving Size: 1 patty Calories per serving: 330 Fat per serving: 10g
- 1/4 cup cooked or canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and mashed
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon fine ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound ground raw chicken
- 4 Whole Wheat hamburger buns, split
- Tomato slices
- In a mixing bowl, combine mashed chickpeas, egg, bread crumbs, red pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Add ground chicken and mix well. Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- Either broil the patties until an instant-read thermometer inserted inside of patty registers 165 degrees F or grill patties outdoors or in a pan on the stove top. Toast rolls, if desired. Serve patties in buns with lettuce and tomato slices, if desired.
Recipe modified from recipe.com